The Petzl ASAP is a mobile fall arrester designed to stop a fall as quickly as possible.
Its advantages are that it can:
- Run freely up or down a rope
- Can be attached at any point
- lines need only be fixed from above (due to super smooth action of locking wheel).
- Stop a fall, slide or uncontrolled descent
- Works on vertical or angled rope
The ASAP locks in an uncontrolled descent and will even lock if the device is accidentally grabbed during a fall.
- For 10.5 to 13 mm semi-static ropes (EN 1891 type A)
- certified with the device.
- Comes with the OK TRIACT automatic locking carabiner.
- Weight 350 g + carabiner (77 g) = 427g
Definition of clearance with the Petzl ASAP
The calculation of necessary clearance with the
ASAP is made up of the following components:
- ASAP stopping distance (1 metre, as defined
by the EN 353 2 standard - guided type fall
arresters including a flexible anchor line)
- Distance of the energy absorbing lanyard
after complete tearing
- Average distance between the attachment
point and the user's feet (1,50 m,
EN 355 standard - energy absorbers)
- Extra safety clearance between the users
feet and the ground (1 m, as defined by the
EN 355 standard - energy absorbers).
The clearance calculated above is the
maximum amount needed, corresponding to
the worst case scenario: total deployment of
(THE ASAP SHOULD BE USED WITH A SUITABLE ENERGY ABSORBING LANYARD SUCH AS THE ASAP'SORBER)
Avoid dropping the Petzl ASAP.