The Stop is probably the most popular descender in industry.
The Stop is easy to use and allows the user to make controlled descents and allows hands free stops to be made.
The Petzl Stop also features a swinging side plate with clip to reduce the risk of dropping the device.
This device can be used in a massive variety of applications as well as descending such as, belaying, ascending a rope, progress capture hauling systems and more.
To descend with the device the handle must be depressed to release pressure from the cam on the rope. When the handle is released the cam pressure on the rope increases facilitating the stop.
Features of the Petzl stop are summarised below:
- Auto locking when handle is released
- Descent speed is controlled by varying ones grip on the free end of the rope
- Ascending is possible without by adding a foot loop and a handled rope clamp, however the Petzl Rig is a better alternative with regards to short ascents
- Spring gated swinging side plate allows the rope to be removed or inserted without detaching the device
- The main cam and friction bobbin are both replaceable
- Available in blue or black
- For use with rope diameters of 10-12mm
Made in France
Conformance: EN341 A